Suppose you have always desired to own a screen with a great dimension. Your wish is granted because now it is possible to link your television and utilize it as a monitor. Modern TVs can be hooked with almost all computers through the HDMI port. The multi-functioning and good game experience that would come with a significant dimension are immersive. Using television as a monitor does not always suggest that it is a superb option. However, this article put it clear what you should know when using a TV as a monitor.
Will it work correctly?
When appropriately mounted, the monitor will function correctly. It would help if you had the HDMI cable and the rest of the necessary inputs. Also, most modern televisions can be joined with the PCs.
How do you turn the television screen to a monitor?
You need to link them with the HDMI port and ensure you put it correctly. Also, you are advised to confirm all resolutions align. You should first ensure that your PC and television are installed with an HDMI port and use the cable links both devices.
Ensure that the TV is in the right input by clicking on the input button on your remote.
If you have the old PC version with the outdated motherboard version, you can use the DVI cable or a DVI to HDMI adapter. It matches the same transmission technology as that of HDMI.
HDMI features to consider
Suppose you are thinking about converting your High Definition TV to a multifunctional powerhouse, and you intend to use it for a streaming hub; it will serve you well. But suppose you want to put a 55-inch HDTV on a table, it will leave you straining.
Below are some key factors you should consider if you want a television as a monitor.
1. Its pixel density
This is defined as the number of pixels found in a monitor; it is among the top factors you should consider. Lesser pixel density means the picture quality will be derailed. The necessity of the density lowers depending on your viewing distance. If you are far from the screen, you will require a lesser density to have that excellent viewing experience.
2. Its input lags
They are defined as delay-making when there is movement on the input device and the content on your screen. Most modern monitors have the least lag duration contrasting with HDTV, which prefer laggy processors. These extra milliseconds might not look like a big deal when performing simple tasks, but they might cost you instances such as competitive gaming.
3. Its response duration
It is often mistaken with lag input. Lag input is defined as the time taken in between scenes to change the display pixels color. HD televisions and PC screens have varying response duration.
Advantages and disadvantages of using a TV as a PC screen
Although using a television as a screen might look like a great idea, and a widescreen TV improves the size and picture quality, it has its disadvantages. Below we look at some.
- Television screens can be used for gaming and other recreational purposes, thus enabling you to save vast amounts of money.
- Flat television monitors have all the required ports to connect the display port from the PC to the television allow almost all modern TVs compatible with this plugin.
- Playing games on a television screen is a far much better experience. When the decent size is acquired, it will be possible to enjoy clear viewing from close to 11 feet from it.
- Despite the size improving the viewing space, utilizing a television as a monitor might limit the enjoyment because of its intended purpose.
- Your eyes will stress more since you will be gaming at a close range. TVs are designed to work from far. This might affect your vision later.
- Moving the large TV will be challenging, unlike if the ordinary monitor was in use. This is because the TV is often thicker and heavier.
- You will have difficulties when getting rid of the image because it was not designed to be linked up with a computer.
Gaming is part and plan of most of our daily lives. It comes with no doubt that using a television as a monitor would be an excellent idea because of the improved experience. Still, you are also advised to know that it comes with its disadvantages.