The advent of LCDs and flat screens with polished and velvety designs made to easily mount the televisions on a wall. And if there is a fireplace in your home, I’m sure you want your TV hangs over a fireplace because it looks awesome.
Tips that you should know
Here are important tips about mounting your TV above the fireplace:
- Treat The TV Like an Art: Your television should be attached to the same altitude as you want to hang some pieces of art with the same dimension above your house fireplace.
- If you’re in great Doubt, Do a Bit of Math: Depends on the height of the mantel — or if ever you do not have one, at the top most part of the fireplace — hang it by 4 to 12 inches overhead. If the mantel is greater than the 4 feet, then try to hang your TV not more than 6 inch above.
- Think Regarding the Tilt Mounting:: Mounting the TV above the fireplace means the appliance would be placed higher than the normal (preferably, the TV must be at the level of the eye for convenient watching) so you might want to be considered mounting your TV on a panning and tilting wall mount meaning you do not need to hoist your neck for you to be able to watch a television and you may also love the arrangement from anyplace in your living room.
- Measure It First: To assist you to centre your TV to the fireplace and choose on a most good-looking height then start onset drilling the holes, check its location by cutting a paper into a rectangle as identical with the size of your TV and duct tape it on the wall. Estimate its placement by sitting and fix it properly.
- Do a Radiant Heat Testing: Test the radiant temperature that discharges from a fireplace to avoid reducing the life cycle of your Television. Evaluate this using fire and put your hand above the place where the TV will be attached. If by chance it is much hotter than the apartment temperature, you must consider mounting your TV somewhere else in your room.
Mounting a TV above Fireplace: Pros & Cons
Is mounting an electronic contraption over a fire really a good idea? Well, let us look at the pros and cons to simply find out!
Can Save Space
The greatest advantage of mounting a TV set above a fireplace is that you can definitely save space. This is helpful, especially if you’re living in smaller spaces.
If you are not placing the TV over a fireplace, the circumstances are that you have to a detached entertainment center, TV stand usually consumes space in your living room. One may argue that a TV stands are getting thin by each day, but still, it takes more space compared to mounting, which does not take some footage of a floor area.
Create A Common Focal Point
It is a well-known reality that both TV stations and Fireplaces act as a focal point of a living room. When there is a loss or absence of one, you will know where you face your equipment, and how you set up the remaining interiors. However, if your home has both, then you are sure about how you set up your room.
Also, if you place your TV somewhere else, you can feel the needs to add additional elements and style to finish the look, which demand a lot of efforts.
In this case, mounting a TV above the fireplace will basically solve your problems by making a solo common focal point in your room. Now, there will be no more torturing of brains on how the décor and furniture must be arranged, and no more responsibility to add an extra element on your setting!
Hide All Wires
By placing the TV over a fireplace, you can simply hide all the wires without ruining the entire look. This might probably one of the important reasons why many people much prefer this kind of arrangement. You can say that the on-floor dresser or TV stations can also give control to hide the wires at the back of the TV, but they’re still visible.
However, TV above fireplace means that the all mess is just thrown at the back of the wall, and casing it up with the wall plate. Of course, you will be needing the assistance of professional to do the job. But the finished look is all worth it.
Makes Your Living Room Looks Good And Spacious
Since there’s no need for a large entertainment station and huge table dresser once you place or mount your TV over a fireplace, your living room will not only looks good but also looks spacious and much bigger.
Can Be a Strain to Your Neck
For a perfect viewing experience, your TV should at the eye level of a viewer. But if you place the TV above the fireplaces, there is a chance that this is not possible, as you have to mount it further up than the accurate height. The higher your TV is, the more chances of straining your neck.
Heat and Electronics? Is Not Good Combination
You want to save space that’s why you must prefer to mount your TV above the fireplace. But the question is this – are heat and electronics good combination? It’s not a good combination actually. Since heat and electronics do not go together, they’re commonly placed in different corners.
Many televisions work well while placing them in a lower temperature setting. Since the fireplace produces lots of heat, many people reason that this kind of arrangement could largely reduce the lifespan of TV sets, making the contrivance very expensive in the longer run. Then there’s smoke producing from the fireplace which your TV does not get along with.
In spite of this, if you choose to mount your TV over a fireplace, make sure you regularly clean it. Or else, the smoke produced by the fire could create a foggy film above the TV sets, hampering your TV viewing experience.
Mounting the TV above a fireplace may be a troublesome business. But if you have done right, it can resolve your problems with viewing experiences while having a great appearance to your house. So, you should consider the pros and cons above, and do research before making a risky decision.But whatsoever you decide, make sure that the arrangement is not cluttered, and your own preferences are met.